Dreams laid on fallacies

 *Dreams laid on fallacies*


There is love and there’s a dream,

reality steps in and,

lays a distinction between the two.

We count the stars and we assume there’s some light to see,

we live by false hopes that,

we were meant for each other,

but every time we quarreled,

I knew there was love and there was you.


Our dreams led us on blindly,

we followed closely.

We thought it was love,I thought so too.

I didn’t feel much braver till the day I backed out,

I realized how weak I became,

for believing this dream;

our dream.


And we?

We never existed,

We never existed.

It was all a dream,

a dream we feared to wake up from.

And just when reality stepped in,

I realized we were the dark between the stars we counted.

And we?

We never existed.


~The Concerned

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untold love

Buffing It Up

Abyss of Melancholy