DEATHBED CONFESSION

 DEATHBED CONFESSION


"My biggest regret," he says, 

"Is trying to clean with dirty hands,

A futile task 

Being a blind man is better than being a man who chooses not to see 

I was that man 

I have no one to apologize to but my younger self 

When modesty drowned in the sea of arrogance 

I did the most injustice 

And if I could turn back time 

I would stop myself from falling into the trap of flashy nothingness.


Life was good to me but I didn't deserve it 

Like a one sided love 

Like an unfair bonus 

You see my worst pain was self-inflicted 

There was no one to run away from

no one to run away to 

The battle from within 

Had multiple casualties and no evidence 

I was the hero and the villain 

But the antagonist in me was too strong. 


There's something about your deathbed 

It's the only material not materialistic 

A piercing image into your past 

Into your soul 

My father told me the same thing

And his father to him

But he didn't listen 

And neither did I 

But maybe you'll be different 

So listen carefully ,child

Death is the end and the beginning 

If you're lucky enough you won't be scared by the truth

Clean your hands 

Clear your heart 

Darkness is not the company you want to leave with 

Forgive what you've forgotten 

And forget what you forgave 

One does not work without the other,

Life is too short to be unkind 

It's not worth the toxin 

And as long as there's breath in your body 

You will trespass for you are human

But what ever the cost, Confess your sins 

And perhaps you'll leave this earth with a soul that's less heavy."


~Anonymous~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untold love

Buffing It Up

Abyss of Melancholy