A GROWN MANS PRAYER

 A GROWN MANS PRAYER 


Yesterday is the one step back I can not take 

I just have to own my ground and pray to God there's no grenade 

As for my mistakes, I hope life becomes the kind teacher that corrects and not the unkind that punishes,

Let my apologies be bandages to the scars formed by my words that left unrestrained 

Those scars take the shortest time to form and the longest time to heal

"I'm sorry".


Today ,Let my ego be a weaker demon than yesterday's 

let me lay on this bed with a clearer conscience

Let me see myself in the mirror and not be so disappointed 

Let my thoughts be sanctified and my actions noble 


Tomorrow, let me be my mother's child and my father's son 

let me wake up a better man.


~Anonymous~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untold love

Buffing It Up

Abyss of Melancholy